- Joerns/Hoyer is one of the most reliable medical equipment brands in the healthcare industry.
- The Advance's unique tapered leg design allows the lift to get even closer to the widest of obstacles
- The Advance is exceptionally versatile, no tools folding and light weight at 69.7lbs for travel and storage
- The Advance comes with FREE Sling.
- Attached Built-In battery charger making it easy to plug in and charge the rechargeable battery when needed.
Hoyer Advance E Patient Lift Electric
The Hoyer Advance E Patient Lift is compact, yet able to perform an outstanding range of transfers. Whether from the floor or onto a healthcare bed, the Hoyer Advance E Patient Lift operates with ease. The Hoyer Advance E Patient Lift unique tapered leg design allows the lift to get even closer to the widest of obstacles. This is especially useful when encountering large chairs, bulky commodes, and wheelchairs. Hoyer Advance E Patient Lift features tapered design also ensures that the resident feels safe and secure during the transfer. The Advance is compact, yet able to perform an outstanding range of transfers.
Hoyer Advance E Patient Lift Electric Features
- Tool-free folding design for compact storage
- Oversize handle
- Push footpad reduces the force needed to initiate movement
- Lift stands unaided while being stored or transported
The key business components of Joerns Healthcare have always been strong leadership, perseverance and personal commitment from the company’s leadership and associates.
Founded in 1889 in St. Paul, Minnesota as Joerns Brothers Furniture by three brothers, Charles, Paul and Frederick Joerns, relocated to Sheboygan, Wisconsin in 1905. Charles Joerns bought out his brothers and ran a very prosperous but small company. In 1927, the company suffered a fire, which spurred relocation to Stevens Point, Wisconsin.
Joerns Brothers Furniture prospered in the 1940’s and 1950’s by manufacturing elegant and elaborate bedroom and dining room sets, which sold to upscale retail furniture stores for up to $1,000. Charles Joerns managed his company profitably until his death in 1941.
In the mid-1950’s, strong competition from the South forced Joerns Brothers Furniture into hard times. As the business faltered, Joerns Brother Furniture associates intensified their commitment to the company and accepted a 15% voluntary wage reduction with a promise of repayment including interest. Later, Joerns Brothers Furniture repaid 100% of this debt back to the associates.
Electric Patient Lifts
2-year limited warranty
Are all products returnable?
No. There are no returns on the following categories of products: hospital beds, custom wheelchairs, lift chairs, wound care, incontinence items, masks, braces, stockings, shoes, bath safety products, and all custom built/ordered items including orthopedic supports.
How much are the return restocking fees?
A 25% restocking fees applies to all returns.
What's your return policy?
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. You may return your purchase within 30 days of receipt - see below for exceptions.
- To qualify for a return, please note the following:
- Product must be unused, clean and not damaged
- Original packaging and materials intact (i.e. instructions, warranty information)
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer
How do I contact Daily Care, Inc?
Daily Care, Inc.
19330 Ventura Blvd
Tarzana, CA 91356
Our Business Hours
Mon-Fri: 9 am-6 pm, Sat: 9 am - 4 pm Pacific Time
Toll Free: 844-819-4110